Brendan Rodgers takes his Liverpool side to managerless Sunderland looking to grab their first win in four games with Victor Moses looking to make his 100th Premier League apperarance.
• Lost their last 3 PL games, conceding exactly 3 goals in each. Not lost 4 successive PL games since April 2011.
• 1 point from their opening 5 games is their worst start in 8 years. Only side without a PL win this season.
• Worst defence in PL, conceding 11 goals. Conceded 6 of those 11 goals in final 15 minutes of games.
• Not won any of their last 9 PL games, picking up just 3 points.
• Won just 2 of last 20 PL games (lost 12), taking 12 points from a possible 60.
• Finished 17th last season - their lowest PL finish since promotion from the Championship in 2007.
• Lost both PL games at the Stadium of Light this season. Have never lost their opening 3 home League games.
• Won only 1 of their last 10 PL games at home. Won just 4 of last 19.
• Their 19 home PL games last season produced just 39 goals.
• Scored just 20 goals in 19 home PL games last season - only QPR (13) scored fewer. Going further back, they have scored just 23 goals in last 25 home PL games.
• Conceded 19 goals at home last season - the same as Man Utd and less than Arsenal.
• Steven Fletcher missed the League Cup win against Peterborough with a shoulder injury. Scored just 4 goals in his last 16 apps for the club. His last 5 goals for the club have come away. Not scored in last 8 apps at home.
• Jozy Altidore has scored just 1 goal in 32 career PL apps. Cost £6m from AZ Alkmaar. The 23-year-old USA international striker spent 2009-10 on-loan at Hull, scoring just 2 goals in 30 apps (1 in 28 PL). Scored 23 goals in 33 League apps for AZ last season (incl. 3 hat-tricks) - only 18 goals fewer than the whole Sunderland team scored in PL.
• Fanio Borini is ineligible to face his parent club.
• Not won any of their last 3 games in all comps, losing the last 2 (both 1-0). This after they had won first 4 games in all comps.
• Suffered their first defeat in 13 PL games against Southampton last week. Had won 5 of previous 6.
• Did not lose successive PL games during the whole of last season.
• Last time they failed to score in 3 successive games in all comps was Sept-Oct 2009.
• Won first 3 PL games for the first time since 1994-95.
• All their 3 PL wins this season have been 1-0, thanks to winning goals from Daniel Sturridge in the first half.
• Only PL side that has yet to score a second half goal this season.
• Already won as many PL games this season as they did from opening 14 games last season. Failed to win any of opening 5 PL games last season - their worst start in 101 years.
• Conceded just 4 goals in last 9 PL games.
• 7th last season - their 4th successive season outside the top 5. Not finished in the CL places since a 2nd place finish in 2008-09.
• Finished 23, 22, 37 & 28 points respectively behind the champions in the last 4 seasons.
• Scored 71 PL goals last season - 24 more than they scored the previous season.
• Kept 16 clean sheets last season - only Man City (18) kept more.
• Scored 38 away goals last season - a club record for most away goals in a PL season. It was the most number of away goals they had scored in a season since 1989-90 (40).
• Luis Suarez returned from his 10-match ban at Old Trafford on Wednesday. Scored 5 goals in 5 games against Sunderland. Scored 23 of Liverpool's 71 PL goals last season (32%). Scored 51 goals in 97 games for Liverpool.
• Steven Gerrard has not scored in his last 12 apps for Liverpool. Scored 30 of his 98 PL goals from outside the box. Only 2 other players have scored 100 PL goals for the club - Robbie Fowler & Michael Owen.
• Daniel Sturridge became the first Liverpool player to score in first 4 games of a PL season. Scored 6 goals in 7 apps for Liverpool this season, including 1-0 winners in first 3 PL games. All his PL goals this season have been scored in the first half - last 2 have come in the 4th minute. Scored in his last 4 away PL apps. Scored 12 goals in his last 12 apps for the club. Scored 17 goals in 23 games for Liverpool - 14 in 19 PL. He scored 13 goals in 63 PL games for Chelsea.
• Victor Moses is set to make his 100th PL appearance.
• Liverpool's Simon Mignolet has made more saves than any other goalkeeper this season (25).
• Former Sunderland glovesman Mignolet has a saves to shots ratio of 89%, the second best rate of regular 'keepers this season.
Head to Head
• Honours even in the last 4 PL meetings with 1 win each.
• Going further back, Liverpool have won 9 of the last 14 PL meetings.
• Sunderland are unbeaten in the last 2 meetings at the Stadium of Light.
• Liverpool have not conceded more than 1 goal in any of last 7 visits to Sunderland
• Sunderland have won only three of their 24 Barclays Premier League games against Liverpool but all three victories have come at the Stadium of Light.
• Sunderland have scored only 12 goals in 24 Barclays Premier League meetings with Liverpool.
Referee: Howard Webb