Llorente reports played down

Reports suggesting Fernando Llorente could be set to leave Juventus in January have been played down.

Last Updated: 19/09/13 at 12:33 Post Comment

Fernando Llorente: Set to battle for Juventus place

Fernando Llorente: Set to battle for Juventus place

It had been suggested that a host of clubs are tracking the Spain international, who only moved to Turin in the summer.

However, following his much-publicised Bosman transfer from Athletic Bilbao, who refused to play him for most of last season, he has barely kicked a ball under coach Antonio Conte.

Conte also has summer signing Carlos Tevez, Mirko Vucinic, Fabio Quagliarella and Sebastian Giovinco all at his disposal, meaning Llorente is well down the pecking order having made just one substitute appearance so far this season.

Juve director general Beppe Marotta has already insisted there is no issue with the striker, and now one of the player's agents, Marco Antonio Diaz Cordero, has been quoted in Italy stating that Llorente is not looking to move.

Calcionews24 quote Cordero as saying: "He hoped to have a better start with Juventus but it's early and it's normal that Conte relies upon players he already knows well.

"Fernando is a great professional who works hard to convince the coach, he did not even dream of criticising Marcelo Bielsa when he kept him on the bench even though he was Athletic Bilbao's strongest player.

"Requests from other teams? Real Madrid made an offer to Bilbao in the past, but they had not found the agreement with Athletic. And many other clubs asked about him, but when there was the opportunity to come to Juventus, and Llorente was thrilled to accept it.

"Currently no club got in touch with me for January and in any case the clubs must speak with Chus, the player's brother. But Fernando is aware of his qualities and he wants to play his cards at Juventus. "

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

Y

et again Barcelona try to convince the world that they only play the most virtuous of football. I've never seen a team so willing and able to dish out lumps but feel so self-righteous that no opposition player should ever have the audacity to tackle them.

charsmatcengma
Enrique hauls Neymar to safety

I

d love to see a United v Liverpool FA cup final. It would certainly fit the narrative. Obv I'd want the ending to be one of an O.G. and tears as he collects his runner-up medal.

GVMUFC
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

T

he FA Cup final on his birthday eh, what a lovely way to cap his time in England. I'm sure someone will be able to get him a ticket

stevenjameshyde
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

Footer 365

Copa del Rey: Luis Enrique says Neymar had to be substituted against Atletico Madrid to prevent injury

Luis Enrique says he had to substitute Neymar to prevent him from being injured in an ugly cup tie with Atletico.

Capital One Cup: Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pleased to overcome challenging tie with Sheffield United

Mauricio Pochettino dedicated Tottenham's Capital One Cup semi-final triumph over Sheffield United to the fans.

Capital One Cup: Nigel Clough praises battling Sheffield United after Tottenham reach final

Nigel Clough was left to ponder what might have been after Spurs dashed Sheffield United's Capital One Cup final dreams.

Mail Box

Erm... Balotelli To QPR..?

It's an afternoon Mailbox that offers the reaction to the reaction, with a defence for Diego Costa offered, and Balotelli mooted to move to QPR. Plus a silly idea about the Mails...

'Diego Costa Is A Thug.' Sore Losers..?

There is plenty of fallout from Diego Costa's stamps of authority on Tuesday's League Cup semi-final. Plus Blatter, Rodgers' substitutions and stretching the transfer truth...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company