Juve put Pirlo talks on hold

Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta says discussions over a new deal for Andrea Pirlo are likely to take place in February or March.

Last Updated: 26/09/13 at 17:40 Post Comment

Andrea Pirlo: Juventus are in no hurry to discuss a new deal

Andrea Pirlo: Juventus are in no hurry to discuss a new deal

Veteran midfielder Pirlo has played a key role in helping Juve claim back-to-back Serie A titles since his arrival at the club on a free transfer in 2011 following a decade with AC Milan.

However, he will be out of contract at the end of the season, by which time Pirlo will be 35, and there has been speculation about his future beyond next summer.

Pirlo has previously stressed that he would like to remain at Juve, and the club are in no hurry to sort out an extension until early 2014.

"Pirlo's contract? We have talked together and it's quiet," Marotta told Tuttosport.

"We have decided to continue negotiations in February or March."

Reports this week have suggested that a number of Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham, are monitoring Pirlo's situation.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

T

he uber commercialisation of the 90s has led to the point where this overly familar, try hard, jolly hockey sticks type fronts up a major football match on a weekly basis. Unlike the great presenters of yesteryear, I doubt he would even recognise the scent of Brut.

mufc phil
Football On TV: Jake Humphrey

H

opefully Jose turns up to the game wearing a T-Shirt with Costa's face on, that's the classy thing to do in these situations right?

Petulant_Radish
Costa loses appeal

C

onfirmed. Nick Miller is a douche bag. Lazy, incoherent rant is what this article should be titled. And for the editor to have the temerity to pass this as acceptable writing is shocking. Ah well, anything for clicks right? You got mine. Well done. Your mother must be proud.

poolshortsdown
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

Footer 365

Burnley reiterate Ings stance

Burnley have denied reports Liverpool could sign striker Danny Ings and loan him back to the Clarets for the rest of the season, stating such a move would be against Premier League rules.

Liverpool: Brendan Rodgers praises former Red Stewart Downing

Brendan Rodgers has praised in-form Stewart Downing and admits he did not want the midfielder to leave Anfield.

Premier League: Burnley boss Sean Dyche says pressure is on Sunderland

Burnley manager Sean Dyche believes the pressure will be on Sunderland when they face each other on Saturday.

Mail Box

'Costa Is A Bad Man. Suarez Is Not'

That's quite some claim. And yes, unfortunately we are still talking about this. We also have mails on Ronaldinho, possible replacements for Yaya Toure and more...

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company