Here, TEAMtalk looks at the major points made by Dyke in his address:
* Sets a target to reach the semi-finals at Euro 2020 and win the World Cup in 2022.
* Describes the English game as a "tanker which needs turning" citing the amount of foreign players limiting chances for English players.
* States the England team does not have a history of success compared with its international rivals.
* Wants to improve how England identify and nurture talent and create an environment where the players want to play for England.
* Wants more English players who are consistent starters in the Barclays Premier League but believes it is "crucial that English football finds a solution without undermining the undoubted success of the Premier League".
* Aims to set up an FA Commission asking why so few players registered for England play in the Premier League, what can be done about it and how changes can be made.
* The chairmen of the Premier League, the Football League, the League Managers Association and the Professional Footballers' Association will be asked to join the commission and people from all positions in football will be welcome to give evidence.
* Dyke said he was open to:
- The exploration of a quota system for foreign players.
- Examining the current work permit system.
- Examining the loan system to see if it can be made more effective in terms of developing players.
- Evaluating the pros and cons of a mid-season break.