Martinez: No fresh bids made

Roberto Martinez says Everton have not received any fresh bids for the likes of Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

Last Updated: 22/08/13 at 16:00 Post Comment

Roberto Martinez: Wants authorities to look at window scheduling

Roberto Martinez: Wants authorities to look at window scheduling

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Manchester United saw a joint-bid for the Toffees pair knocked back earlier in the week, with former Goodison Park boss David Moyes rebuffed in his efforts to secure the services of players he knows well.

United's offer, believed to be in the region of £28million, was branded 'derisory', 'insulting' and 'a waste of time' by the Everton board and Toffees boss Martinez.

They hope the matter has now been brought to a close, with everything having gone 'quiet' on the transfer front.

Martinez is hoping to avoid another unsettling approach before the summer window closes, and the Spaniard has called on the relevant authorities to take action in order to prevent similar situations from arising in the future.

Asked if there had been any further movement on the transfer side of things at Goodison, Martinez said: "Everything has been quiet on that front.

"Everything has been as we have informed our fans. I think that is the way we are going to deal with the window now.

"We are still trying to be as strong as we can. If there is anything we need to inform our fans, we will do. But now the focus has to be the games.

"I have said it time after time, it's time for the football authorities to look into the situation.

"I think the transfer window is getting out of hand and really affecting the values of the league. I think it is affecting the human side of the players in a very, very unfair manner.

"It's about time that we stopped the window or we stopped the official games in the middle of the window."

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

C

isse should have appealed and explained that it was just a retaliation, just like Matic did. Apparently the FA are ok with retaliation.

Triangler
Cisse accepts FA charge

L

ove this guy. He's one of the few surviving players that I remember so vividly from Football Italia and Gazetta on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.

HarryBoulton
Francesco Totti - The King Of Rome

T

his is such a non-story it's unreal. I think we all know we are not playing to our potential yet and it hasn't yet clicked properly so he can celebrate or not celebrate all he wants.

GVMUFC
Van Gaal denies Giggs rift

Footer 365

Hodgson aims to stay on - Report

Roy Hodgson wants to continue as England manager until after the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia, according to reports.

Louis van Gaal denies bust-up with Man Utd assistant Ryan Giggs

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has hit out after he was asked about his relationship with Ryan Giggs.

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana believes captaincy is bringing the best out of team-mate Jordan Henderson

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana believes captaincy is bringing the best out of team-mate Jordan Henderson.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company