Moyes coy on shock Bale bid

Manchester United manager David Moyes remained tight-lipped over a rumoured bid for Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale in the wake of a 0-0 draw with Chelsea.

Last Updated: 27/08/13 at 08:22 Post Comment

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Bale has appeared likely to join Real Madrid all summer, but after Tottenham claimed earlier on Monday that a second club have tabled an offer for the Wales winger, Moyes was quizzed on his interest.

The Scot told Sky Sports: "I said at the start that Manchester United will always be interested in the best players and we'll always be looking to try and improve the team.

"The owners have given me every opportunity to get who I want so we'll continue to look for those players. It's been tough in this window but we're always looking at the best players."

On a stalemate with the Blues, Moyes added: "I thought we played well and I'm disappointed we didn't get a goal. Maybe we lacked a bit of cutting edge with our final pass and final cross.

"I thought Chelsea defended well when they had to. If anybody shaded the best chances, it was certainly us.

"We went with three centre forwards on the pitch and we wanted to try and win the game. We did everything we could and just lacked a ball to get Robin van Persie or Wayne Rooney the chance to score.

"You can play football in many ways. There's nobody who says it has to be done one way. We went out there and tried to win but just couldn't find that final pass.

"It could do with getting cleared up with what is and what isn't a handball because the managers aren't really sure. It was a big call in a big game like this."

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Champions League: John Collins claims Celtic will have to be at best to get past Legia Warsaw

John Collins says Legia Warsaw pose a huge threat to his dream of Champions League football with Celtic this season.

Premier League: Daniel Sturridge confident Liverpool can shine without Luis Suarez

Daniel Sturridge believes Liverpool have the squad to handle Luis Suarez's exit and will challenge for top honours.

Transfer news: Simon Mignolet backs Liverpool target Divock Origi and welcomes Pepe Reina return

Liverpool are closing in on Divock Origi and the Belgium youngster has been tipped to shine in the Premier League.

Mail Box

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

No Wonder Wenger Doesn't Buy British

That's if reports that Calum Chambers cost Arsenal £16m are to be believed. The English premium shows no signs of disappearing. Plus, worrying about poor Southampton...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property