Coleman undecided on future

Chris Coleman has played down reports of a rift with Football Association of Wales chief executive Jonathan Ford despite his unhappiness at talks over his contract extension stalling.

Last Updated: 12/10/13 at 17:54 Post Comment

Chris Coleman:

Chris Coleman:

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Coleman agreed a new two-year deal with the FAW a month ago, but defeats to Macedonia and Serbie led to the contract offer being put on hold until the World Cup qualifying Group A campaign is over.

Coleman boosted his chances of keeping his job on Friday as a patched-up team beat Macedonia 1-0 to move the Dragons off the foot of the table, although he admits he is undecided about signing a new deal because of what he sees as short-termism at the Association.

However, he says he has no personal problem with Ford despite his comments that Coleman needed to produce in the final two qualifying games.

"I spoke to him before the game, he sent me a text wishing me good luck as he always does," he said.

"I have never had a problem with Jonathan, he has a job to do. Sometimes when someone puts a microphone in front of your face you say things you think maybe you shouldn't have said.

"The FAW will have their ideas of where they see Welsh football going as they are entitled to, but whatever happens after these games will happen.

"Last month the contract was agreed and there for me to sign, after two defeats I wasn't able to sign it.

"I cannot sit here telling you my mind is made up, because it isn't. Is Jonathan behind me? You would have to ask him that."

Wales take on Belgium, who sealed their qualification with a 2-1 win over Croatia on Friday night, live on Sky Sports 3 on Tuesday 15 October.

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

N

ow is the time for Allardyce to finally get a chance at a big club please. He is likely to have a number of great offers for his services this summer, but who will he choose? Will it be Liverpool, Real Madrid, Dortmund or Man City?

medina_sod
Allardyce leaves West Ham

I

thought exactly this when the Match of the Day pundits were peddling this line. Is it really not okay for fans of a club to have some ambition these days then?

damoceltic
Bored Of Big Sam? It's Your Right...

H

ow magnanimous off him - to leave if he's asked to by the owners? What's the alternative, bunker down in his office claiming squatter's rights if FSG want rid?

feed the bear
Rodgers: I'll go if owners want

Footer 365

Rafael Benitez '99 per cent' certain to be next Real Madrid boss

Rafael Benitez is '99 per cent' certain to be Real Madrid boss, says Carlo Ancelotti's representative Ernesto Bronzetti.

Manuel Pellegrini confident Man City will be stronger next season

Manuel Pellegrini is confident Manchester City will regain the Premier League title next season.

Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich: Cameron Jerome and Nathan Redmond strike as Canaries seal immediate return to Premier League

Norwich City gained promotion to the Premier League with a 2-0 victory over Middlesbrough in the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

Mail Box

Who Is The Most Complete Striker Ever..?

...the answer is the original Ronaldo, Gerd Muller, Cristiano or Alan Shearer, depending on who you talk to. We also have one signing per Premier League (and promoted team)...

Reviewing Every PL Side's Season...

Time to half-heartedly agree or furiously reject some ratings. The mails also discuss the most complete striker ever in football, as well as Rodgers, Falcao and Bill O'Herilhy.

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company