Chiellini: Reduce Suarez ban

Giorgio Chiellini has accepted Luis Suarez's apology after being bitten at the World Cup and called on FIFA to reduce his suspension.

Last Updated: 30/06/14 at 22:59 Post Comment

Giorgio Chiellini: Says the incident with Luis Suarez is 'all forgotten'

Giorgio Chiellini: Says the incident with Luis Suarez is 'all forgotten'

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Uruguay striker Suarez has been banned from all football activity for four months, as well as nine international games, after biting Chiellini during the Group D game against Italy.

Suarez returned home after FIFA made their decision and had to watch as Uruguay were knocked out of the tournament in Brazil by Colombia.

Having spent the past few days with his family, Suarez released a statement on Monday to say sorry to Chiellini and promise there will never again be such an incident.

Chiellini responded within an hour to Suarez’s apology, suggesting that it is now time to move on and calling on FIFA to reconsider their punishment. 

"It's all forgotten," the Italian wrote on Twitter. "I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension."

Chiellini had called the ban 'excessive' before Suarez apologised, saying that his thoughts were with the player and his family at a difficult time.

"Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done," said the Juventus centre-back earlier in the week.


 

Shut the hell up Giorgio, your encouraging him to keep doing what he's been doing, getting the ban reduced will not deter him from doing it again, saying sorry is easy, sorry is one word, I say sorry to my girlfriend all the time, half the time I don't mean it, like most people I just say it for a quiet life,
- dannyjohnson

Free £50 bet

Daily Offers and Promotions, sign up for a free £50 matched bet

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Yaya Toure happy to stay at Manchester City

Yaya Toure has reaffirmed his commitment to Manchester City, insisting he wants to stay for "as long as possible".

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property