The Clarets have already brought in six players this summer and are looking to add more, but have been recently frustrated in their attempts to prise defender Craig Dawson away from West Brom.
But Hoos suggested that movement in the market may allow further deals to go through before the transfer window slams shut on September 1.
"We're still working hard to get a couple more over the line. It looks more manageable now even though time is ticking," he told Sky Sports News.
"Earlier in the summer we wanted to bring in eight or nine players but then we were suddenly looking at only three or four, but it does look manageable now.
"It's just about getting those final few over the line. We need to do that and we're working hard on it.
"It's been very hectic – the summer has flown by. The staff have been rushed off their feet, but they've worked really hard and I'm really pleased with what we've done so far.
"But there's still a lot to do before the first game. It's a tough start with Chelsea then Swansea away and then Manchester United at home. It's very much 'welcome to the Premier League'.
"But we are very much looking forward to it – this is what it's all about. I've said to the staff through the summer: it beats finishing 15th and having your feet up on the desk."
Burnley's opening game of the Premier League season is live on Monday Night Football on Sky Sports 1 on August 18.