No Liverpool bid for Balotelli

AC Milan insist they have not received an offer from Liverpool for their controversial striker Mario Balotelli.

Last Updated: 21/08/14 at 08:42 Post Comment

Mario Balotelli: Set to stay in Italy

Mario Balotelli: Set to stay in Italy

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Reports in England claim the Italy international is being lined up as a replacement for Luis Suarez following his move to Barcelona, with the Merseyside club prepared to make a £17.5million bid for the former Manchester City player.

"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Hence, there is no negotiation.

"We will see as the transfer market ends on September 1."

Balotelli played almost three seasons at City before being sold to Milan for £17m in January 2013.

He scored 14 goals in 30 league appearances for Milan last season but the Rossoneri finished a disappointing eighth and will not play in Europe this term.

The 24-year-old, who is under contract with the Italian outfit until June 2017, has been linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi said previously he came close to selling Balotelli to an unnamed English club before the World Cup.

Balotelli scored one goal in three appearances for Italy in the tournament in Brazil.

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

L

oved the article. i remember at school, after failing an exam, I would become obscenely secretly happy if I discover that others failed as well. Misery loves company...Now here is to hoping Chelsea joins the party and Stoke city wins the league...Cheers!

gabu
The Premier League: As Crazy As A Bag Of Snakes

C

haos reached its ultimate reckoning last weekend with Tony Hibbert looking assured at left back and Osman looking like a cultured ball playing midfielder before busting a gut to get to the back post for a Samuel Eto'o ball. Different chaos but chaos. If Kone scores the winner tonight I fear the world will end.

jelasfirsttouch
The Premier League: As Crazy As A Bag Of Snakes

A

beautiful demonstration of why stats mean diddly-squat in football.

cheshire-gooner
WhoScored's PL Team Of 2014 So Far...

Footer 365

Jack Wilshere has had ankle surgery and the Arsenal man will be out for around three months

Arsenal will be without Jack Wilshere for around the three months after the midfielder underwent ankle surgery.

Transfer news: Yannick Bolasie won't be leaving Crystal Palace, says Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock has vowed winger Yannick Bolasie will not leave Crystal Palace during the January transfer window.

Franz Beckenbauer among FIFA names being investigated by Michael Garcia

Franz Beckenbauer and three FIFA executive committee members are under investigation by ethics chief Michael Garcia.

Mail Box

Makes Sense To Make Gerrard Liverpool Manager

That's the thoughts of one Mailboxer, who wants Jamie Carragher as defensive coach. Plus views on Arsenal, Malmo v Juventus, Alexis Sanchez & tremendous improvement...

Mails: Quit Massaging Mourinho's Ego

That's the message from the afternoon mailbox after it was claimed that the Chelsea boss has transformed Cesc Fabregas into a complete player. Plus, more on Arsenal...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property