Owls swoop for Holden

Bolton have offered Stuart Holden a new deal despite despite sending the midfielder on loan to Sheffield Wednesday.

Last Updated: 28/03/13 at 18:25 Post Comment

Stuart Holden: Joins Sheffield Wednesday on loan

Stuart Holden: Joins Sheffield Wednesday on loan

Bolton have offered Stuart Holden a new deal despite despite sending the midfielder on loan to npower Championship counterparts Sheffield Wednesday.

The USA international, 27, will remain at Hillsborough until April 24 in search of further game time having made three appearances for Wanderers since returning from a knee injury nightmare spanning almost two years.

Holden is out of contract at the Reebok Stadium this summer but boss Dougie Freedman insists he is part of his long-term plans.

"This is an opportunity for Stuart to go out and get games," he told Bolton's official website. "Sheffield Wednesday are a big club and he'll be working with a good manager in Dave Jones.

"This is the next step in his rehabilitation process and he'll come back to us match fit. This is the best move for Stuart and is a win-win-win situation for everyone involved.

"We had a good chat earlier in the week. I informed him that we want him with us next season and have offered him a contract extension."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week


Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

opefully Jose turns up to the game wearing a T-Shirt with Costa's face on, that's the classy thing to do in these situations right?

Petulant_Radish
Costa loses appeal

C

onfirmed. Nick Miller is a douche bag. Lazy, incoherent rant is what this article should be titled. And for the editor to have the temerity to pass this as acceptable writing is shocking. Ah well, anything for clicks right? You got mine. Well done. Your mother must be proud.

poolshortsdown
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

T

his Martinez guy is mental. He'll get us relegated. I said that when they appointed him. Sack him now, Bill!

nilsatisnisi
'No need to replace Eto'o'

Footer 365

Premier League: Costa loses appeal against FA charge and gets three-match ban

Diego Costa has lost his appeal against an FA violent conduct charge and will start a three-match ban against Man City.

Sinclair joins Aston Villa on a season-long loan from Manchester City

Scott Sinclair has joined Aston Villa on a season-long loan from Manchester City, with a view to a permanent move.

Premier League: Arsene Wenger convinced new signing Gabriel will be a hit at Arsenal

Arsene Wenger says new signing Gabriel ticks all the boxes when it comes to coping with the demands of English football.

Mail Box

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

It's A Massive, Big, Brilliant Mailbox

And we left lots of Suarez/Costa mails unopened. What we do have is a video of some rotten Suarez tackles and views on the future of football, Spurs, Liverpool and...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company