QPR manager Harry Redknapp insists the club will not be held to ransom for their star players despite being relegated from the Barclays Premier League.
A 0-0 draw at Reading last Sunday meant both sides dropped out of the top flight, with many speculating that Rangers could be stripped of their main assets during the summer.
But although Redknapp acknowledged it would be difficult to keep hold of some players, he is confident the club are in a position to be able to demand their valuations be met.
When asked if the club would be held to ransom, Redknapp said: "No, but there aren't too many people to be interested in.
"We are not in trouble because Tony [Fernandes] and the other owners have said we aren't going to panic and give people away cheap.
"If someone wants to take a player they are going to have to pay the money we think he is worth or he will stay here.
"The goalkeeper is a top, top goalkeeper who wants to play in the World Cup for Brazil but if Real Madrid or someone come in for him we want his value for him, we are not going to give him away. [Loic] Remy for sure, people will be interested in him.
"We would like to keep Chris Samba here for another year if we can to try and get us out of the league, but if someone wants Chris Samba and he decides he doesn't want to stay, you want your money for him or he stays here."
Redknapp, who claimed his squad was simply not good enough to remain in the Premier League, also questioned which clubs would be interested in signing his players.
"I don't know who is looking for the exit too much because I don't know where they are going to exit to," he said.
"Where are they all going to go, Bayern Munich or somewhere - Barcelona? I don't see it.
"I don't know if they'd do much better than they have here. I can see the goalkeeper [Cesar] wanting to go because he is a Brazilian national goalkeeper so I can see him wanting to move.
"I don't see too many others - Remy, difficult to keep him, he's a French international and will score goals at the top level for sure."
Former Tottenham boss Redknapp again stressed that people outside of QPR have been quick to deride the club for spending a lot of money on players in a short space of time, but reckons that is not the case.
"It seems to be people always going on about what has happened here," he said.
"The club didn't pay big transfer fees in the summer and paid a few players big wages so everyone jumped on it - it is no different to anyone else.
"Even Southampton spent £15million on a player and I don't think you'll find that QPR paid big money for anyone in the summer. They paid a few players decent wages and that was it.
"As I have said many times, in all honesty it was a mish-mash of a squad and it wasn't good enough to stay in the league."
Arsenal are the visitors to Loftus Road on Saturday evening, with Arsene Wenger's side battling with London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham for a top-four finish.
With Manchester United running away with the title and last year's winners Manchester City firmly in second spot only two Champions League qualification places remain, and Redknapp thinks the battle is too close to call.
He said: "All three of them are strong, I really wouldn't like to choose. That top four is so wide open still between three London clubs, you couldn't pick which two it will be.
"It will go down to the wire probably, every game is difficult. Chelsea have got a lot of games, tough games, and they have all got top players.
"Chelsea play Tottenham so that will be a vital game. There are some interesting games in the next week or two."