- England have won just three of their 23 previous internationals against Brazil, drawing nine and losing 11.
- England's 13% win percentage over Brazil is their worst against any nation they have faced more than twice in international matches.
- The Three Lions are without a win in eight against Brazil (D4 L4)
- Brazil have only won two of their 10 games against England at Wembley, however, though six of these games have ended level (two England wins).
- England have only lost two of their last 22 internationals in all competitions (W13 D7) and have only been defeated once in 12 under Roy Hodgson (W7 D4, including one defeat after penalties).
- England have scored at least one goal in all but one of their 31 internationals at the new Wembley, with Montenegro the only side to prevent them from scoring back in October 2010.
- Brazil were the last team to prevent England from scoring in a friendly match, beating them 1-0 in Doha in November 2009.
- Only on two occasions have England scored more than one goal in a game v Brazil (1956 and 1984).
- Danny Welbeck, who finished last year as England's top scorer, scored with all five of his shots on target for Roy Hodgson's side in the year 2012.
- Brazil have won 15 and lost just two of their last 18 internationals (all friendlies), with both defeats coming in the space of a week back in June 2012 against Mexico and Argentina.
- Neymar has scored eight goals in his last six appearances for A Selecao.
England 1 (Welbeck) Brazil 1 (Neymar)