Real boss won't discuss Bale

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has refused to answer questions about the club's ongoing pursuit of Gareth Bale for fear of further upsetting Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas.

Last Updated: 07/08/13 at 09:55 Post Comment

Gareth Bale: Carlo Ancelotti won't discuss bid to sign him

Gareth Bale: Carlo Ancelotti won't discuss bid to sign him

Ancelotti, whose side are in Miami ahead of Wednesday night's clash with Chelsea in the final of the Guinness International Champions Cup, refused to talk about Real's attempts to sign Bale in a world-record fee from Tottenham.

Ancelotti's decision not to discuss the issue comes after he irked Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas by declaring in a press conference last week that his side were "negotiating and trying to find a solution to the situation" with regards to the Wales international.

"I won't speak about Bale, because I have already angered him (Villas-Boas) and I don't want to anger another coach," the Real boss said.

"I didn't say anything in particular and I prefer not to talk about this."

Tottenham director Sir Keith Mills has acknowledged the club would find it "very difficult" to keep Bale if he wants to move to Spain, even though he signed a new four-year contract only last summer.

Villas-Boas has said the 24-year-old is not for sale, but Spurs recognise any attempts to keep Bale against his will would be futile with Real attempting to push through a deal in excess of £80million.

Mills told the Evening Standard: "We very much want Bale to stay.

"If a player is desperate to leave, it's very difficult to force him to stay.

"We've seen it in other clubs. Even if he has a contract, you can't force somebody to play for you."

TEAMtalk Facebook Fan Page

The TEAMtalk fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer News: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property