No Liverpool bid for Balotelli

AC Milan insist they have not received an offer from Liverpool for their controversial striker Mario Balotelli.

Last Updated: 21/08/14 at 08:42 Post Comment

Mario Balotelli: Set to stay in Italy

Mario Balotelli: Set to stay in Italy

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Reports in England claim the Italy international is being lined up as a replacement for Luis Suarez following his move to Barcelona, with the Merseyside club prepared to make a £17.5million bid for the former Manchester City player.

"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Hence, there is no negotiation.

"We will see as the transfer market ends on September 1."

Balotelli played almost three seasons at City before being sold to Milan for £17m in January 2013.

He scored 14 goals in 30 league appearances for Milan last season but the Rossoneri finished a disappointing eighth and will not play in Europe this term.

The 24-year-old, who is under contract with the Italian outfit until June 2017, has been linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi said previously he came close to selling Balotelli to an unnamed English club before the World Cup.

Balotelli scored one goal in three appearances for Italy in the tournament in Brazil.

TEAMtalk Facebook Fan Page

The TEAMtalk fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

O

ne of the conclusions from this list is that Man City should never buy a striker in January - good luck Wilfried Bony....

Savinator
F365's Top Ten Worst January Panic Buys

I

was there, it was embarrassing - the team looked totally unbalanced from the off, the defence was woeful and when Mikel came off injured it got even worse with nobody in front of them. Up front on several occasions we had opportunities and nobody would shoot - it was a complete farse! On the back of Salah's performance I'm glad there is talk of getting shot...

Fly1ngh1gh
Cup defeat shames Mourinho

G

reat to see Tommy Rosicky getting some love. A wonderful player. Such a pity we lost so long to injury. I was so excited when we signed him, this resurgence only makes the absences seem more of a lost opportunity.

cheshire-gooner
16 Conclusions: FA Cup Fourth Round Weekend

Footer 365

Capital One Cup: FA charges Chelsea striker Diego Costa over 'stamp' on Liverpool's Emre Can

The FA have charged Chelsea striker Diego Costa with violent conduct over his clash with Liverpool's Emre Can on Tuesday.

Transfer news: Arsenal complete the signing of Villarreal defender Gabriel Paulista

Arsenal have completed the signing of Villarreal defender Gabriel on a long-term deal, for an undisclosed fee.

Gabriel Paulista has joined Arsenal from Villarreal, with striker Joel Campbell

Gabriel Paulista has joined Arsenal from Villarreal, with striker Joel Campbell going to the Spanish club on loan.

Mail Box

Erm... Balotelli To QPR..?

It's an afternoon Mailbox that offers the reaction to the reaction, with a defence for Diego Costa offered, and Balotelli mooted to move to QPR. Plus a silly idea about the Mails...

'Diego Costa Is A Thug.' Sore Losers..?

There is plenty of fallout from Diego Costa's stamps of authority on Tuesday's League Cup semi-final. Plus Blatter, Rodgers' substitutions and stretching the transfer truth...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company