Miccoli eyes new Palermo deal

Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli is ready to consider signing a contract extension with the Sicilian club.

Last Updated: 05/12/12 at 12:03 Post Comment

Fabrizio Miccoli: Wants a new deal at Palermo

Fabrizio Miccoli: Wants a new deal at Palermo

The 33-year-old had previously expressed his desire to wait until June, when his current deal expires, before making a decision on his future.

Reports in Italy suggested Rosanero director Pietro Lo Monaco had already offered the former Juventus striker a one-year extension.

But Miccoli told La Repubblica: "I've never talked figures with the club, nor about the length of the contract.

"The plan is to extend my deal, or so I've been told. Of course I want to talk and I'd really like to end my career here. I'm optimistic about what's going to happen."

Miccoli's performances, and those of Palermo, have improved since Gian Piero Gasperini replaced Giuseppe Sannino at the Renzo Barbera in September, and the club captain managed to notch his 100th Serie A goal in November.

"When Gasperini arrived, something changed," he added. "Now we know what we need to do and we're all on the same side. Even if the right results don't come sometimes."

Palermo host reigning champions Juventus on Sunday and Miccoli has fine memories of his time in Bianconeri colours, despite his limited appearance record for the club.

He said: "It was a great experience for me. I grew as both a player and as a man, playing alongside champions like Thuram, Nedved, Trezeguet and Del Piero.

"It is a time I remember with great pleasure."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

T

he uber commercialisation of the 90s has led to the point where this overly familar, try hard, jolly hockey sticks type fronts up a major football match on a weekly basis. Unlike the great presenters of yesteryear, I doubt he would even recognise the scent of Brut.

mufc phil
Football On TV: Jake Humphrey

H

opefully Jose turns up to the game wearing a T-Shirt with Costa's face on, that's the classy thing to do in these situations right?

Petulant_Radish
Costa loses appeal against ban

C

onfirmed. Nick Miller is a douche bag. Lazy, incoherent rant is what this article should be titled. And for the editor to have the temerity to pass this as acceptable writing is shocking. Ah well, anything for clicks right? You got mine. Well done. Your mother must be proud.

poolshortsdown
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

Footer 365

Cristiano Ronaldo admits he made a mistake against Cordoba, says Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti

Cristiano Ronaldo knows he made a mistake against Cordoba and accepts his two-game ban, according to Carlo Ancelotti.

David Ginola no longer challenger to Sepp Blatter for FIFA presidency

David Ginola has confirmed his withdrawal as a candidate to take on Sepp Blatter for the position of FIFA president.

Jack Cork will be great add for Swansea says manager Garry Monk

Garry Monk feels Swansea's midfield will be much improved by the signing of Southampton's Jack Cork.

Mail Box

'Costa Is A Bad Man. Suarez Is Not'

That's quite some claim. And yes, unfortunately we are still talking about this. We also have mails on Ronaldinho, possible replacements for Yaya Toure and more...

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company