Jutkiewicz ruled out for Boro

Middlesbrough's Lukas Jutkiewicz is set for at least two weeks on the sidelines with an ankle injury.

Last Updated: 20/02/13 at 21:09 Post Comment

Lukas Jutkiewicz: Facing at least two weeks out

Lukas Jutkiewicz: Facing at least two weeks out

The striker, who has ten goals to his name this season, suffered the injury during their defeat to Crystal Palace at the weekend.

Boro had hoped he would be back in time to face Millwall this Saturday but the problem is worse than first feared and he will be out for at least two weeks.

Jutkiewicz will now miss Boro's FA Cup fifth round clash with Chelsea next week.

"Lukas has ankle ligament damage, he took a heavy challenge on Saturday," said boss Tony Mowbray.

"But I look at Main champing at the bit and I think why wouldn't we play him. He's got physicality and he's scored two goals since coming back.

"We will give Lukas every opportunity to get himself fit and not rush him back.

"Ankle ligaments are delicate things, I've had them myself. I'm aware that we can't keep rushing players back ahead of schedule. Scott McDonald might be ready soon but we'll have to make sure he's ready."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

ll he wants are sharks with frickin lazers on their heads. Is that too much to ask?

mufc phil
Bomb threat on FIFA D-day

W

hy is the dinosaur trying to hold on to this.... Just leave... No one wants you in this position you corrupt loser. Let someone else take over....

arsenal121
Defiant Sepp blames minority

N

ow is the time for Allardyce to finally get a chance at a big club please. He is likely to have a number of great offers for his services this summer, but who will he choose? Will it be Liverpool, Real Madrid, Dortmund or Man City?

medina_sod
Allardyce leaves West Ham

Footer 365

Gordon Taylor says Sepp Blatter's FIFA position is untenable

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor does not think Sepp Blatter can see out his fifth term as FIFA president.

Sepp Blatter wins election to remain as FIFA president for fifth term

Sepp Blatter has won a fifth term as FIFA president after Prince Ali bin Al Hussein withdrew following the first round of voting.

Bomb threat confirmed on FIFA election day in Zurich

A bomb threat and a political protest have disrupted FIFA's congress on the day Sepp Blatter's critics hope will signal his exit.

Mail Box

Players Must Stand Up For Qatar Boycott

Players, not bureaucrats, hold the key to boycotting Qatar. Also in the afternoon mailbox: Wenger is right to rotate, Zlatan can dribble, and it's Barca v Ajax in the budget final...

What Would You Do If You Were Blatter?

Step into Sepp's shoes, is the invitation from one mailboxer. Also: United already have their new number one, Rodgers deserves time, and the best Budget XI so far...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company