Allardyce: No bid for Vaz Te

West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce has dismissed talk suggesting that Cardiff City have made an offer for striker Ricardo Vaz Te.

Last Updated: 22/08/13 at 12:23 Post Comment

Ricardo Vaz Te: Sam Allardyce says there has been no Cardiff bid

Ricardo Vaz Te: Sam Allardyce says there has been no Cardiff bid

The 26-year-old joined the Hammers in January last year, helping them to a top-flight return by scoring the decisive goal in a 2-1 play-off final win over Blackpool.

Vaz Te has been linked with an Upton Park exit this summer, but Allardyce denied that the newly-promoted Welsh side have been in touch regarding a move.

He said: "There's no official bid from Cardiff for Ricardo Vaz Te. It always happens at this time of year - it's just agents getting busy."

The Hammers broke their transfer record earlier this summer, spending £15million on Andy Carroll, but when asked whether there would be any further arrivals, Allardyce was quick to dismiss the idea.

"Not unless the chairman has found some money he hasn't told me about," he said.

"I've got no more money left, so the squad I've got is the squad I've got."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

nd yet... Jermain Defoe is still going to pronounce himself gobsmacked when he learns he hasn't made the England squad for the Euro qualifiers.

treeman1
Premier League Winners And Losers

W

e could release Diaby and then re-sign him when nobody else does and he would literally be like a new signing.

john matrix
The Machine Gossip

W

e pay the living wage, living wage, living wage, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it!!! Wooo ohhhh ooooohh

hump3.
All Premier League Clubs Should Be Paying Living Wage

Footer 365

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane may miss out on England squad

Roy Hodgson says selecting Tottenham striker Harry Kane for the next England squad is far from a certainty.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company