Makienok linked with England

Brondby director Per Rud has claimed that promising frontman Simon Makienok is attracting interest from England.

Last Updated: 09/12/13 at 15:05 Post Comment

Simon Makienok: Brondby forward is said to be a man in demand

Simon Makienok: Brondby forward is said to be a man in demand

There has been speculation that Premier League outfit Crystal Palace are among those who have checked on the 23-year-old.

Ligue 1 outfits St Etienne and Nice are also said to be keen on a man capped four times by Denmark at senior level.

Brondby will not stand in Makienok's way if a tempting offer is put to them in January, but are reluctant to reveal to potential suitors how much it will take to force their hand.

"There is attention from England, but of course I do not want to say which clubs," Rud was quoted as saying by Danish tabloid BT.

"If we receive an offer, we will sit down and look at it. It needs to be an offer that we could accept.

"It will also depend on whether the offer interests Simon.

"I cannot say at the moment what we will accept. It all depends on what gets put on the table."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

ll he wants are sharks with frickin lazers on their heads. Is that too much to ask?

mufc phil
Bomb threat on FIFA D-day

W

hy is the dinosaur trying to hold on to this.... Just leave... No one wants you in this position you corrupt loser. Let someone else take over....

arsenal121
Defiant Sepp blames minority

N

ow is the time for Allardyce to finally get a chance at a big club please. He is likely to have a number of great offers for his services this summer, but who will he choose? Will it be Liverpool, Real Madrid, Dortmund or Man City?

medina_sod
Allardyce leaves West Ham

Footer 365

Russell Latapy won't let history with Falkirk affect him

Inverness assistant manager Russell Latapy won't be affected by sentiment when he faces old side Falkirk on Saturday.

Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor released by Newcastle United

Newcastle United have confirmed Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor will not be offered new contracts and will leave the club this summer.

One-time FIFA presidential candidate Luis Figo scathing of Sepp Blatter

One-time FIFA presidential candidate Luis Figo was scathing in his criticism of Sepp Blatter after the Swiss was voted in for a fifth term.

Mail Box

Players Must Stand Up For Qatar Boycott

Players, not bureaucrats, hold the key to boycotting Qatar. Also in the afternoon mailbox: Wenger is right to rotate, Zlatan can dribble, and it's Barca v Ajax in the budget final...

What Would You Do If You Were Blatter?

Step into Sepp's shoes, is the invitation from one mailboxer. Also: United already have their new number one, Rodgers deserves time, and the best Budget XI so far...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company