NORWICH REJECT HOLT TRANSFER REQUEST

Norwich have rejected a transfer request from striker Grant Holt, it is understood.

Last Updated: 18/05/12 at 19:07 Post Comment

Grant Holt: Looking to leave Carrow Road

Grant Holt: Looking to leave Carrow Road

The 31-year-old enjoyed a superb first season in the top flight with the Canaries, where he won the player of the year award for the third successive season.

Holt impressed so much there had been suggestions of an England call-up, but he was not named in Roy Hodgson's squad for Euro 2012 and has today dropped a bombshell at Carrow Road.

The striker has become a fans' favourite at the club since joining from Shrewsbury for a reported fee of £400,000 in July 2009.

Holt helped the East Anglian side to the npower League One title in his first season at the club, netting 30 goals in 44 appearances.

He continued to score regularly in the npower Championship and helped Paul Lambert's side secure back-to-back to promotions, earning them a place in the Barclays Premier League after a six-year absence.

Holt's performance saw him rewarded with a new three-year deal at Carrow Road ahead of the 2011/12 season, where he shone and hit 17 goals.

However, the talisman has now handed in a transfer request and could be set for a move to pastures new.

The news follows speculation linking manager Paul Lambert with a move away from the club.

The Scot is considered one of the hottest managerial talents in the country and has been linked with the vacant managerial positions at Aston Villa and Liverpool.

Holt is due to play on Tuesday in team-mate Adam Drury's testimonial against Celtic at Carrow Road.

"Holty's still playing, he said he still wants to play," Drury told BBC Radio Norfolk.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

O

ne of the conclusions from this list is that Man City should never buy a striker in January - good luck Wilfried Bony....

Savinator
F365's Top Ten Worst January Panic Buys

I

was there, it was embarrassing - the team looked totally unbalanced from the off, the defence was woeful and when Mikel came off injured it got even worse with nobody in front of them. Up front on several occasions we had opportunities and nobody would shoot - it was a complete farse! On the back of Salah's performance I'm glad there is talk of getting shot...

Fly1ngh1gh
Cup defeat shames Mourinho

G

reat to see Tommy Rosicky getting some love. A wonderful player. Such a pity we lost so long to injury. I was so excited when we signed him, this resurgence only makes the absences seem more of a lost opportunity.

cheshire-gooner
16 Conclusions: FA Cup Fourth Round Weekend

Footer 365

Transfer news: Samuel Eto'o leaves Everton for Sampdoria on free transfer

Samuel Eto'o has completed his free transfer from Everton to Sampdoria on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Transfer news: Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino coy on transfers

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino refuses to discuss transfer activity ahead of semi-final against Sheffield United.

Andrea Pirlo: Pogba not going back to Manchester United

Andrea Pirlo says that Manchester United must 'live with their mistake' of allowing Paul Pogba to leave because he is never coming back.

Mail Box

The Problem With FA Cup Shocks...

...is that the draw for the next round is pretty shocking. Blackburn v Stoke, anybody? We also have mails on LVG and ManUnited, who drew plenty under Fergie...

You're Man Utd, For Crying Out Loud!

Defending a 0-0 draw with Cambridge on the grounds that other teams lost to lower-league opposition is not befitting of Man United. We're inclined to agree with Mailboxers...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company