Douglas keen on Inter move

Twente defender Douglas has reportedly set his heart on a move to Inter Milan after turning down a move to Anzhi.

Last Updated: 05/03/13 at 18:01 Post Comment

Douglas: Is reportedly keen on a move to Inter Milan at the end of the season

Douglas: Is reportedly keen on a move to Inter Milan at the end of the season

Twente defender Douglas has reportedly set his heart on a summer move to Inter Milan after turning down a transfer to Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

The 25-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season and he has been linked with a move away from the Eredivisie club over the past few months.

Newcastle United were believed to have been eyeing a deal for the Brazil-born stopper last summer, while Fulham were also linked with a late deadline day swoop in August.

Last month Anzhi made an offer for the player's services as they tried to find a replacement for QPR-bound Christopher Samba before the close of the Russian transfer window on February 27.

However, it appears Douglas, who is now a Dutch citizen, is determined to make the move to Serie A in the summer, with Inter seen as the frontrunners for his signature.

"It is good that a top club like Anzhi made an offer to Douglas, but he wants to play in Serie A," his representative Marcos Paulo Ribeiro told Russian newspaper Izvestia.

"And when Inter showed interest in the player, we decided to stop negotiations with the Russian club and wait for the summer transfer market."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

Y

eah, if there's one thing football autobiographies need more of, it's mind numbing-inanity and platitudinous tales of bantz.

Hallicks
Robson blasts Keane book

W

e were a steaming pile of recently released dogs dinner.

popularpete,
Wenger: We refused to lose

I

m sure I'll be one of about 100 but the Monday's third allbum was actually Pill, Thrills n Bellyache. Brendan would kill for quality like that right now.

u man
Brendan Rodgers: Radiohead Or The Happy Mondays

Footer 365

Jamie Carragher would be surprised to see Mario Balotelli at Liverpool next season

Jamie Carragher does not believe 'panic' buy Mario Balotelli will remain at Liverpool next season.

Carragher: Balotelli will leave Liverpool next season

Jamie Carragher does not believe Mario Balotelli will remain with the club next season.

Champions League: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers rues defensive mistakes in Real Madrid defeat

Brendan Rodgers says he could have asked for no more from his side after seeing them taken apart by Real Madrid.

Mail Box

Oh Mario - Why Always Meh?

Come on in and play the Liverpool blame game. Is it the fault of Rodgers, Balotelli, Mignolet, Johnson, Markovic or Lovren? Plus, Arsenal fans annoyed in victory...

Do Man City Have A 'Small Mentality'?

That's one claim in the mailbox after Vincent Kompany focused on a few hundred CSKA fans sneaking into the ground instead of City blowing a two-goal lead...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property