But the 27-year-old has rubbished such rumours and maintains he is firmly focused on his club, and their Copa del Rey final against city rivals Real Madrid on Friday.
"I don't know anything, and the only thing that I have in my mind and keep concentration is on Atletico de Madrid.
"I don't know anything. I keep myself apart of what is being said. If it was for the press, I have already been transferred to all the teams in Europe like Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United.
"I don't find true any news that is being said about me".
He added: "Last year happened the same. During the Final at Bucarest was said that if we didn't get qualified to the Champions League I was going to leave Madrid.
"The only real thing is that I am in contract until 2016, all the rest is only speculation. I don't know anything about Monaco, I have my mind focused where I am ".