The King Power Stadium

Next Game

Leicester v Everton

Saturday, 16 August 2014, 15:00

Barclays Prem

Last Game

Leicester 1 - 0 Everton

Sunday, 27 July 2014, 12:00

Friendly Match

Martinez: No offers for duo

Roberto Martinez says Everton have received no further offers for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini.

Last Updated: 25/07/13 at 10:55 Post Comment

Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini: Neither is the subject of any current off

Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini: Neither is the subject of any current off

New Everton manager Roberto Martinez says the club have received no further offers for highly-rated duo Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini.

England left-back Baines was reportedly the subject of an offer from Manchester United a few weeks ago while Arsenal are reportedly interested in Belgian midfielder Fellaini.

However, asked if there had been any recent bids for the pair, Martinez replied: "Not at all, not at all.

"I know that is not what you might want to hear but everyone here is focused on fighting for spots in the starting line-up and the competitive level in this group is impressive.

"I don't think speculation is healthy, we are just trying to become as good as we can before the transfer window closes.

"If we get clubs talking about our players we take it as compliment, because the players have been impressing and doing really well.

"We are in a great position financially and we want to start the season with the best squad we can."

Asked if he was surprised that United had not made an improved offer for Baines, Martinez added: "No, the last concern I have is what other clubs do.

"I can say I have been really impressed with the togetherness of this group. I can see that in training every day and it makes me proud."

Regarding whether he expects to have retained all his key personnel by the time the Premier League season gets underway, Martinez said: "You should never ask a manager that!

"The modern game does not allow a manager to have that control.

"But I'm very excited, the squad is very strong. We have some good youngsters who I feel can come in and help the first team.

"We will carry on trying to become as strong as we can."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet


Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property