Agent claims Balotelli to Besiktas talks ‘made up’

Date published: Tuesday 21st June 2016 9:06

Mario Balotelli

There have been no discussions between Besiktas and Mario Balotelli over a potential transfer from Liverpool, according to the striker’s agent.

Reports coming out of Turkey last week had suggested that the Italy international’s agent Mino Raiola had been in negotiations with Besiktas.

However, Raiola rejects any such talks have taken place and says he hasn’t spoken to any Turkish media outlet over the speculation.

“I have not discussed Mario with Besiktas and I have never spoken to any Turkish media about that. I said last year they are the worst for writing lies and that is again the case,” Raiola told Goal.com.

This comes after the Turkish side had already denied they had any interest in signing the Liverpool outcast.

“We know Raiola well,” said Besiktas sporting director Erdal Torunogullari, cited in the Liverpool Echo.

“He’s even said Balotelli will go to Besiktas, but it’s not like that. We’re not even interested! Our priority is to hold on to Mario Gomez.

“This month will be decisive, everything depends on him [Gomez]. Only then will we decide what to do.”

More Related Articles

Comments