Aguero: I’m only alive because of my seatbelt…

Date published: Thursday 12th October 2017 1:01

Sergio Aguero has admitted he could have suffered far worse than a broken rib in his recent car crash in Amsterdam.

The Manchester City striker was injured while spending a day off in the Dutch capital a fortnight ago when a taxi in which he was travelling crashed into a post.

Aguero’s injuries were expected to keep him out of action for between two and four weeks but the 29-year-old realises the accident could have left him in a much worse condition.

Aguero told Argentina’s TyC Sports:

“When I got to the hospital I asked the doctor if I could play for City on the Saturday. He said, ‘I don’t believe so’.

“I took a moment to think and realised it’s thanks to wearing a seat-belt that I’m able to talk about this at all.”

Argentina’s national-team doctor was quoted last week saying Aguero was likely to be sidelined for up to six weeks, but the player himself appears to have the initial prognosis in mind.

That means he could have a chance of returning to action in Saturday’s Premier League clash against Stoke at the Etihad Stadium.

Aguero, who was pictured back in light training earlier this week, said:

“(On Thursday) I’ll rejoin the group and see how I feel, whether I’m comfortable or not.”

More Related Articles

Comments