Ancelotti: Redknapp wrong over Liverpool contact

Date published: Monday 19th October 2015 11:29

Carlo Ancelotti

Carlo Ancelotti says Liverpool never contacted him over their vacant managerial post, this despite claims from Harry Redknapp to the contrary.

Ancelotti was the second favourite behind Jurgen Klopp to replace the sacked Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool earlier this month, with Klopp eventually being appointed.

Redknapp claimed that Liverpool “spoke to him [Ancelotti] at some stage,” and the Italian “was offered the job” before Klopp was announced, but the former AC Milan boss has dismissed such theories.

“With Liverpool, there was no contact,” he told Goal. “When a job becomes available, they always use the names of the coaches currently without a team, so, my name was thrown out there.

“But I never had any direct contact with the directors of Liverpool.”

More Related Articles

Comments