Ancelotti speaks out over Liverpool target Gotze

Date published: Thursday 2nd June 2016 11:23

Mario Gotze Football365

Liverpool target Mario Gotze’s future has taken another twist after Carlo Ancelotti refused to assure the player of a future at Bayern Munich.

Ancelotti was thought to be keen to allow the 23-year-old to move on this summer, but the player himself stated his desire to stay and fight for his place in the remaining 12 months of his contract only a couple of weeks ago.

“I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti,” said Gotze at the end of May.

However, the Germany playmaker, who has been urged to move on by national team coach Joachim Low and Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, could still leave after Ancelotti refused to commit himself regarding the future of the former Borussia Dortmund star.

Gotze discussed his future with Ancelotti last month, but the coach refused to go into details when asked by Sport Bild.

“I’ve spoken to Mario on the phone,” Ancelotti said. “He’s aware of my opinion.”

Gotze is currently with the Germany team preparing for Euro 2016, with national team boss Low ignoring speculation over the midfielder’s club situation.

“I have said everything about Mario Gotze and Bayern Munich. The only thing that interests me now is the performance during the match and on the training pitch.”

Sport Bild claim that Gotze, who has recently switched agents, didn’t want to move to Liverpool because he saw it as a backwards step in his career, but report that the player would be interested in a move to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Arsenal.

Rummenigge recently claimed  they “made everything clear to Mario,” adding that “he knows what the club thinks and he knows what the future coach thinks”

More Related Articles

Comments