Arnautovic asks to go after failed West Ham bid

Date published: Tuesday 11th July 2017 7:30

Marko Arnautovic has reportedly handed in a transfer request after Stoke rejected an offer from West Ham for the winger.

The 28-year-old held talks with Stoke boss Mark Hughes over his future last week, with Slaven Bilic keen to take the Austrian to The London Stadium.

West Ham submitted an offer to the Potters for Arnautovic which is said to be worth around £15million, and the player is reported to be trying to push through a move despite Stoke refusing the Hammers’ opening bid.

Peter Coates revealed: “We have received a bid from West Ham for Marko and it was turned down.

“Mark Hughes is planning to meet with the player and hopefully he can find a positive resolution, as he did last year.

“We will only sell Marko if the terms are right but he’s not a player we want to lose.”

Arnautovic signed a new contract at the Bet365 Stadium last summer when Everton were said to be interested in the attacker.

More Related Articles

Comments