Arsenal lost to Brighton on Sunday. We could tell you again how they are an ordinary team with extraordinary problems, but where is the fun in that?
Instead, let’s reel off some ridiculous statistics from what is becoming quite the disastrous season for the Gunners.
* Arsenal can officially no longer win the Premier League title. It is March 4.
* Arsenal have lost ten Premier League games this season. They have only ever lost more than ten in a full campaign under Arsene Wenger once (11 defeats, 2005/06).
* Arsenal have lost eight away Premier League games this season. Only West Ham, Huddersfield, Stoke, Everton and West Brom have lost more.
* Arsenal are 15th in a Premier League form table since January 1. Only Burnley (6), Huddersfield (6) and West Brom (4) have picked up fewer points (7).
* Arsenal have now lost five of their last six games in all competitions. By comparison, Manchester City have lost five of their last 53, and Liverpool have lost five of their last 36.
* Arsenal have lost eight games in all competitions in 2018 – the most of any Premier League side.
* Arsenal have lost four consecutive games for the first time since October 2002.
* Henrikh Mkhitaryan has lost four Premier League games in two months at Arsenal. He lost five in 18 months at Manchester United.
* Arsenal have 45 points after 29 games – the fewest they have ever had at this stage under Arsene Wenger, and the fewest overall since 1994/95.
* Arsenal are closer to bottom-placed West Brom (25 points) than they are leaders Manchester City (30).
* Arsenal are closer to Bournemouth in 12th (12 points) than they are Liverpool in second (15).
* Arsene Wenger has lost more Premier League games this season (10) than Pep Guardiola has since being appointed Manchester City manager in summer 2016 (7).
* Arsene Wenger has lost as many Premier League games this season (10) as Jose Mourinho has since being appointed Manchester United manager in summer 2016.
* Petr Cech kept his 199th Premier League clean sheet against Newcastle on December 16. He has yet to keep his 200th, conceding in each of the club’s subsequent 11 league games. It is Arsenal’s longest run without a clean sheet in the league since February 2002.
* Alexandre Lacazette is Arsenal’s top goalscorer (9). He has not played since February 10, has not started since January 30, and has not scored since January 20.
* Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal’s second top goalscorer (8). He left the club in January.
* Olivier Giroud is Arsenal’s third top goalscorer (7). He left the club in January.
* Of the current Arsenal squad, Aaron Ramsey is their highest scorer (53 goals). Mesut Ozil (37) is second. Santi Cazorla (29) is third.
* Arsenal’s defeat to Nottingham Forest in January was Arsene Wenger’s first FA Cup third-round defeat. It was also only his second FA Cup exit to lower-league opposition in 39 games.
Arsenal goals conceded per game in Premier League
1.41 – 2017/18 (with nine games left)
1.29 – 2011-12
1.17 – 1994-95
1.16 – 2016-17
1.13 – 1999-00
1.13 – 2010-11
1.11 – 2002-03
Number of Premier League games Arsenal have been behind in
20 – 2011/12
20 – 2006/07
20 – 1994/95
20 – 1992/93
19 – 1999/00
17 – 1995/96
16 – 2017/18 (with nine games left)
16 – 2005/06
15 – 2012/13
14 – nine seasons
Number of Arsenal Premier League defeats
17 – 1994/95
16 – 1992/93
11 – 2005/06
10 – 2017/18 (with nine games left)
10 – 2011/12
9 – four seasons