Arsene Wenger admits he wants to add another attacking player to his Arsenal squad before the start of the season.
The Gunners have been criticised again this summer for their perceived lack of investment in the playing squad, with Ivan Gazidis insisting on Thursday that the club’s transfer policy is working, despite not being able to compete financially with some of their main rivals.
Wenger has made three additions so far – Granit Xhaka, Takuma Asano and Rob Holding – but the manager says he is still on the hunt for another attacker, with Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette most heavily linked.
“At the moment I have not too many attacking options in terms of experienced players,” Wenger said following Arsenal’s 2-1 win over the MLS All-Stars in San Jose. “But let’s not forget we still have a few players at home.
“There are also a few players who did not play [on Thursday], like [Santi] Cazorla and of course [Mesut] Ozil and [Aaron] Ramsey are at home. [Olivier] Giroud is also not here.
“So we have options but we will still look outside to find one more.”
Daniel Storey reckons Arsenal’s transfer priority is not a forward option, but a centre-half. Hmm.