Atletico report Barcelona over tapping up Griezmann

Date published: Tuesday 19th December 2017 2:34

Atletico Madrid will report Barcelona to FIFA over their alleged contact with Antoine Griezmann.

The France star is set to leave Atletico next summer, with Barca and Manchester United most heavily linked with the playmaker.

Barca had emerged as favourites for Griezmann, with the Catalan club’s executive Guillermo Amor’s responding at the weekend to rumours that an approach towards the player had been made.

“If that’s what the paper says then it’s the case,” he said. “It is possible there has been an approach and that some progress has been made.

“It is work the club is normally accustomed to doing. In the football world it’s inevitable that people talk about players. It’s something that tends to happen.”

Barca’s increasingly public pursuit of their star player has irked Atletico to the point that they will now report their La Liga rivals to FIFA.

Diego Simeone last week revealed that he would not stand in Griezmann’s way if the 26-year-old revealed a desire to try his luck elsewhere.

Man Utd are said to retain an interest, having come close to securing the Frenchman last summer before he signed a new deal at Atletico, but the Red Devils were said to be of the understanding that Barca were in the driving seat.


More Related Articles

Comments