Benitez: Premier League return ‘a priority’

Date published: Thursday 18th February 2016 11:55

Rafael Benitez Football365

Rafael Benitez says a return to management in the Premier League is “a priority” but the former Liverpool and Chelsea boss accepts he may have to wait until next season.

Benitez is out of work after he was sacked by Real Madrid last month after only half a season in the job.

Following previous spells in charge of Liverpool and Chelsea, the Spaniard’s family are still based in England and Benitez is keen to get back to work and out from under his wife’s feet.

He told BT Sport: “I like the Premier League and it is a priority [to return there] because my family lives on the Wirral. But it is not easy because I have to watch every league just in case.

“But especially for my wife I’d like to return to management as she’s telling me to “go coaching.”

“After one month, it’s fine with the wife and the children but obviously I’d like to be on the pitch.’

Despite Benitez’s eagerness to return to work, the 55-year-old knows he may have to wait and, in the meantime, prepare himself for when the opportunity arises.

“Now that you play Champions League and Europa League, nobody will change the manager,” he said.

“So you have to wait and just see games, analyse tactics and try to improve.”

More Related Articles

Comments