Berahino transfer request rejected

Date published: Saturday 24th January 2015 4:09

Berahino transfer request rejected

‘West Bromwich Albion have received a written transfer request from Saido Berahino,’ confirmed the club.
‘The request has been rejected and the club’s position remains unchanged from that outlined in the statement from Chairman Jeremy Peace of August 18.’
In the statement, Peace said: “We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told Daniel Levy. I know we are living in an age where no club can say ‘never’ about the possibility of selling a player.
“However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda. We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad.”
Manager Tony Pulis left Berahino out of his match-day squad to face Chelsea on Sunday and revealed that there is interest from 15 clubs in the England Under-21 striker.
Tottenham’s interest appears to be the most concrete, with a £20m bid expected to follow after £15m was dismissed by the Baggies last week.

More Related Articles

Comments