Bilic: No new signings for West Ham

Date published: Thursday 7th January 2016 12:19

Slaven Bilic West Ham Football365

Slaven Bilic says he is expecting a quiet January transfer window for West Ham.

The Hammers are on a seven-match unbeaten run and have climbed up to sixth in the Premier League table following Saturday’s 2-0 win over Liverpool at the Boleyn Ground.

French playmaker Dimitri Payet returned from injury for the win over Jurgen Klopp’s men, meaning Diafra Sakho and Manuel Lanzini are the only absentees for the Hammers.

Bilic says he is happy with the quality and quantity of his squad, and will not be tempted into making any unnecessary signings this month.

“So far, so good. We are only halfway through, but we are very confident,” he told talkSPORT.

“The main thing is to stay away from injuries and, if we do that, we have a really good team that can compete with any team in the league.

“We have a good squad, a big squad, and [it’s] 99 per cent [certain] we will leave it like this and make our signings in the summer.

“If something exceptional comes along, whether that’s a long-term deal for one great player, or a loan deal for a back-up player for six months, we will do it.

But we won’t buy just because it’s the transfer window.”

Elsewhere, Birmingham City have confirmed that midfielder Reece Brown has joined the Hammers on trial.

Irons co-owner David Gold said on Twitter that the 19-year-old had joined on loan, but the Blues have moved quickly to deny Gold’s claims.

“To clarify, Reece Brown is on a 28-day trial @whufc-official during which time he can play in two non first team matches. That’s it. #BCFC,” Birmingham said via their official Twitter account.

More Related Articles

Comments