Burnley complete Barton deal

Date published: Wednesday 28th January 2015 7:45

Burnley complete Barton deal

Clarets boss Sean Dyche confirmed in a press conference on Thursday that the club were in talks to bring the 32-year-old, who was released by Queens Park Rangers this summer, to Turf Moor.
And, after the midfielder put pen to paper on Thursday night, Dyche said: “I’m delighted that we have Joey on board.
“He was very respectful when speaking about our club at the end of last season and during the summer. We had many conversations and he made it clear he was very interested in what we are about, and that coming here was something he would consider.

“He is a player who is in demand and who others think highly of. I know there is other stuff to his life and character, but on the pitch I think everyone speaks well of him and he is certainly someone who I think can get the culture and the understanding of what we do here.”
Barton was understood to be of interest to a number of Championship clubs, but also spoke to West Ham earlier in the summer, and was put through medical testing by the Hammers.
They opted not to sign the former Manchester City midfielder but, speaking in Burnley’s pre-match media conference ahead of their trip to Bristol City on Saturday, Dyche admitted they were not Barton’s only option.
“There’s a lot of other suitors, it’s not as simple as that,” Dyche said.
“We’re not flippant enough with any situation to think that everyone just wants to come to Burnley because we ask them to. This is something that’s been going on for a while.”

More Related Articles

Comments