Conte admits Chelsea lost out to Man City on Walker

Date published: Thursday 27th July 2017 7:41

Antonio Conte says that Chelsea tried to buy Kyle Walker, but lost out to Manchester City.

There were rumours linking Chelsea with a move to Real Madrid’s Danilo last month, with the defender eventually choosing to go and play for Pep Guardiola.

However, it now seems as if City beat Chelsea to the signing of two right-backs this summer. Way to make Victor Moses feel special.

“We tried to buy Walker,” Conte said.

“Honestly, I think now every single player is expensive. For you to even enquire about one player, he is expensive.

“You go to buy a right-back, a left-back or a central defender and he is expensive.

“It is very difficult in the transfer market for the teams that need to improve their squads.”

More Related Articles

Comments