Conte insists he will not make January transfer demands

Date published: Wednesday 29th November 2017 8:24

Antonio Conte says he will wait to be asked his opinion rather than make demands to improve his Chelsea squad in January.

The Italian earlier this season expressed frustration at Chelsea’s summer transfer market, particularly in comparison with Manchester City’s recruitment.

City lead Chelsea, last season’s Premier League champions in Conte’s first season, by 11 points after 13 games ahead of the Blues’ Wednesday night clash with Swansea. City play Southampton.

“If one day the club try to ask me something about this topic I can give my opinion but at the same time I am very happy to work for this club with these players,” Conte said.

“I know and the club knows very well we are trying to build something important for the present, for the future.

“We started to build something last season. Last season we were so good to win at the same time but don’t forget we are building and the club knows very well what is our situation.”

Chelsea took a game-by-game approach in Conte’s first season and are doing so again this term.

The Blues boss added: “Our target must be to see the team that is before us. In this case Manchester United. Our first target is to catch them up.

“This must be our mentality and in every game we have to try to win and do our best. This must be the right mentality, winning mentality.”

Conte thinks pressure is key for Chelsea in order for them to succeed.

“If there is not pressure, I put pressure on myself, the players, the club because it is right to have pressure,” Conte said.

“It is a vital part if you want to create something important, if you want to win.”


More Related Articles

Comments