Conte tells Chelsea to get him Griezmann – report

Date published: Sunday 11th September 2016 10:37

Antoine Griezmann

Antonio Conte has asked Chelsea to sanction a world-record bid for Atletico Madrid hitman Antoine Griezmann next summer, according to reports.

An exclusive in the Sunday Express claims that Conte is ready to pay more than the £86m that constitutes Griezmann’s release fee.

That would make the Frenchman the most expensive player in the world, after Manchester United paid £89m for his compatriot Paul Pogba.

Last week, Griezmann said that his Atletico future depended on Diego Simeone’s continued employment, explaining to French media why he was not interested in a move to Paris St Germain.

“The only doubt would be if Simeone leaves for PSG or wherever,” Griezmann told French TV programme Telefoot.

“I called him before extending my contract and he confirmed to me that he was staying. I can learn a lot from him.

“PSG are not my goal at the moment. I’m happy in Spain. I’m always proud to be popular with the fans. I try to smile and do my best. If they like it, it’s even better.”

Simeone signed a new contract at Atletico last March, but is regularly linked with a move to various European super clubs.

Manchester United have also been rumoured to be interested in signing Griezmann. If we all cross our fingers and toes he might just come to the Premier League.

More Related Articles

Comments