Donnarumma ‘received death threats’ during Milan talks

Date published: Monday 19th June 2017 9:25

Gianluigi Donnarumma

Gianluigi Donnarumma received “death threats” during negotiations over his AC Milan contract, claims Mino Raiola.

Donnarumma shocked Milan last week after turning down a new contract, stating that he would leave the club at the end of his current deal.

Said deal expires in summer 2018, leaving Milan in a quandary as to whether to sell the keeper now and receive at least a transfer fee, or lose him for free in 12 months.

Juventus, Real Madrid and Manchester United are all thought to be monitoring the 18-year-old’s situation, with agent Raiola stating that there is no reversing the player’s decision.

“We were threatened, Milan have lost Donnarumma. I take the responsibility of his choice,” Raiola said.

“There was on overly hostile and violent situation that was created. Donnarumma was threatened, his family was threatened.

“Threats of not playing, death threats, banners never removed from the management and passive behaviour against us.

“It was never an economic matter, if there are two parties that want to find a solution they’d have done it. They [Milan management] handled a top player like Donnarumma wrongly, they were too exuberant.

“I wanted to know Milan’s project gradually? Yes but I was already guaranteed the club won’t continue signing free agents.”


More Related Articles

Comments