Chelsea have suffered their worst start to a Premier League season since 1995 going into Saturday lunchtime’s clash with Everton at Goodison Park.
Everton new boys Aaron Lennon, Ramiro Funes Mori and Leandro Rodriguez are all available, while Brendan Galloway has been passed fit after a knee injury. Tom Cleverley, however, could miss up to eight weeks with ankle ligament damage.
Chelsea have John Terry available again after a one-match suspension, but Thibaut Courtois is expected to miss out with a knee injury, meaning Asmir Begovic will start in goal for the visitors.
Kick-off at Goodison Park on Saturday is at 12.45pm.
- Everton have lost two of their last three Premier League clashes with Chelsea at Goodison Park having previously gone four without defeat
- Everton have won just one of their last six Premier League encounters with Chelsea, losing each of the other five
- Last season’s meeting between these two sides at Goodison Park ended in a 6-3 win for the Blues – only six games in Premier League history have produced more goals
- Everton have failed to score in two consecutive Premier League games. They last failed to score in three back in April 2006 when they ultimately went four fixtures without scoring
- Chelsea have shipped a total of eight goals in their last three away Premier League games, twice as many as they conceded in the seven games on the road before that
- Chelsea have conceded 2+ goals in four consecutive games (all venues) for the first time since December 2006
- Chelsea have registered just two wins in their last seven Premier League games, drawing two and losing three
- Chelsea have picked up just four points from their opening four Premier League games this season, their worst start to a campaign since 1995-96 (3 pts)
- Eden Hazard has failed to score in any of his last seven PL games, the second-longest goal drought of his career (he hit nine games without a goal in September 2013)
- With 39 league goals, John Terry is the highest scoring member of Chelsea’s current squad in the Premier League