Garde admits disappointment as Villa snubbed again

Date published: Monday 1st February 2016 11:50

Remi Garde Villa Norwich

Remi Garde has admitted he has been left “disappointed” by Aston Villa’s constant failure in the transfer market.

Villa were thought to be closing in on a deal for Hajduk Split goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic, but the move hit a snag last week.

Garde is yet to make a signing this month and saw a deal for Kalinic collapse after an appeal over his work permit was rejected.

Garde is disappointed not to have been able to strengthen now but remains hopeful they can revive the deal in the summer.

“Hopefully, yes,” he said. “It’s a disappointment because we thought that we could sign him. I have not too many details on that. I’ve got some details but it’s not for me to reveal it to tell you.”

The Daily Telegraph, meanwhile, claims Villa have suffered another blow ahead of the deadline, with Roma striker Seydou Doumbia snubbing interest from the club to instead agree a loan move to Newcastle United.

Villa’s seemingly helpless position at the bottom of the Premier League is clearly hampering their attempts to bolster their squad, but Garde is still confident of making at least one signing on Monday, with a loan deal for Arsenal full-back Mathieu Debuchy still a possibility, although Arsene Wenger says it “doesn’t look like” the Frenchman will be leaving Emirates Stadium.

Garde said: “I’m still expecting a signing. We’ll see.

“It’s not only finance but for sure it’s a financial position [why Villa have struggled to sign players]. It’s also because we are in a bad football position in the league and for players we are not attractive. It’s not only one reason.”

More Related Articles

Comments