Gossip: ‘Sexy’ Zlatan wanted, Chelsea ‘exodus’

Date published: Friday 10th March 2017 4:25

SEXY ZLATAN
The rumours of Major League Soccer interest in Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not going away. Except they are not rumours; LA Galaxy have “a relationship” with the striker, and have held talks about a possible move.

This news comes from Alexi Lalas, soccer legend and current president of LA Galaxy. He told BBC Radio 5 live that the MLS outfit “do have a chance” of taking him away from Old Trafford this summer.

Ibrahimovic signed a one-year deal when he joined United last July, with the added option of a further year. He is yet to activate said option, and Galaxy are looking to swoop.

Lalas confirms that there “have been conversations”, and Galaxy consider Ibrahimovic as the perfect “sexy signing”. It could happen.

 

CHELSEA EXODUS
We have a lot of Chelsea transfer updates now, because obviously.

First, the London Evening Standard report that Eden Hazard ‘remains fully committed to Chelsea’, and will not look to leave in the summer. He has previously stated that he would only consider an exit if they win the Premier League title again, but it is understood that, even with Real Madrid circling, he is not interested at this point.

Now to John Terry, with The Times reporting that the Blues captain actually would consider joining another Premier League club if, as expected, he leaves this summer. His contract is close to expiring, and Stoke, West Brom and Bournemouth have previously expressed an interest. He is thought to be keen not to move to China or MLS. Poor bloke.

We end with The Sun’s claim that Barcelona will scout three of their players. Cesar Azpilicueta is understandable, as he is excellent. Marcos Alonso is fair, because he is Spanish. Nemanja Matic we are struggling with, but hey, that’s life.

The report actually comes from Spanish daily Marca, who describe Matic as a ‘secondary target’ and the other two as more serious, which does make sense.

They add that scouts visited London on Monday and stayed until Tuesday to ‘check on’ Hector Bellerin. They timed that visit well.

Five players linked with a move away from Chelsea then? That’s a proper exodus, right guys? Guys?

 

 

AND THE REST
Chelsea are confident of agreeing a new contract with head coach Antonio Conte, but could delay an official announcement until after the Premier League title race is over…Steven Gerrard, 36, could join the England coaching set-up, combining it with his role at Liverpool, and has already had initial talks with senior FA figures…French football journalist Julien Laurens says a move to Paris St-Germain for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger “has to be on the table”…Everton boss Ronald Koeman has revealed he has held talks with England midfielder Ross Barkley, 23, about committing his future to the Toffees…Napoli’s Belgium winger Dries Mertens, 29, met Manchester United representatives for two hours in the lobby of a hotel in Italy earlier this week to discuss a potential move…Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Athletic Bilbao’s Spain forward Inaki Williams, 22. Juventus are now leading the race to sign him following several successful scouting trips.

More Related Articles

Comments