Gossip: Suarez, Mane, Guardiola

Date published: Saturday 24th October 2015 11:31

Sadio Mane of Southampton

LIVERPOOL LINKED WITH SHOCK MOVE FOR SUAREZ
That’s how every single outlet will surely report this story, with flurries of Liverpool fans flocking to read about how the club are interested in Suarez, Mario of Fiorentina.

The Viola midfielder is a former target of the club from last summer under Brendan Rodgers, but Italian newspaper Gazetta dello Sport report that Jurgen Klopp will revisit such interest heading into the winter transfer window.

The 28-year-old eventually joined Fiorentina from Atletico Madrid last summer, but has been used sparingly in Italy and is growing disillusioned with his lack of first-team football.

 

PEP PREFERS LONDON
The Daily Mail seem pretty adamant that Pep Guardiola will leave Bayern Munich at the end of his current deal with the German champions next summer, with the Spaniard heading to the Premier League.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are all likely to be interested in the former Barcelona head coach, but, according to the Mail, that list of four could well be whittled down to just two. Ol’ Pep prefers a move to London over Manchester.

City had previously been rather heavy favourites to capture Guardiola’s services as soon as Manuel Pellegrini was shuffled along, but Sami Mokbel’s claims throw the proverbial spanner in the works.

However, what are the odds of Pep getting either of the two London clubs? With Arsenal currently in #WengerIn mode (for now), that leaves Chelsea. Will the Blues part with manager Jose Mourinho in order to bring in one of his historic rivals?

 

SAINTS JUST WANT MORE MANE
Manchester United remain interested in Sadio Mane of Southampton, but the Daily Telegraph believe the Saints will settle for no less than £40million – double United’s initial valuation.

The claims come from Jeremy Wilson, who says Mane is considered in the same bracket as Anthony Martial, four years his junior but already a £36.7million player.

Wilson also cites ‘the lack of available strikers globally’ for Southampton being able to push the price up to around £40million for the 23-year-old Senegalese international, who has been in fine form under Ronald Koeman this season.

 

AND THE REST
Chelsea are considering a move for Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri in the January transfer window…Juventus are becoming increasingly confident that they will be able to sign Chelsea’s Colombian international Juan Cuadrado on a permanent deal…Barcelona and Arsenal target Nolito has ruled out leaving current club Celta Vigo in the January transfer window. “God will decide my future. I’m not leaving in January. I’m happy in Vigo,” he said…Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes is hoping to move to a rival Premier League club in January, according to his agent Gines Carvaja…Chelsea are confident of deflecting interest from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain to sign Red Star Belgrade and Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic

More Related Articles

Comments