Gossip: Tierney to United; Chelsea’s triple deal

Date published: Saturday 1st July 2017 9:46

UNITED EYE SCOTLAND STAR
Jose Mourinho is said to be ‘frustrated’ with the lack of progress Manchester United are making with their recruitment drive this summer.

The United boss reportedly wanted his four main targets to be on the plane when the Red Devils fly out to USA for their pre-season tour, but so far, only Victor Lindelof has been brought in.

There is a new-ish name being linked with the club this morning, though, with Celtic’s Kieran Tierney said to be a target.

Tierney is one of the hottest properties to come out of Scotland for a while, with Arsenal and Man City both understood to have been watching the 20-year-old. With Mourinho still unconvinced by Luke Shaw, Tierney at £15million could be a bargain in today’s market.

 

CHELSEA LINE UP TRIPLE DEAL
Antonio Conte is said to have clashed with Chelsea this summer over transfer targets, so it isn’t clear who would be sanctioning the £125m triple deal that the Telegraph are reporting this morning.

The champions are aiming to wrap up the signings of Monaco’s Tiemoue Bakayoko, Alex Sandro from Juventus and Roma defender Antonio Rudiger.

The arrival of Bakayoko appears to be only a matter of time, while Rudiger has been a long-term target for the Blues. Sandro could become the club’s record signing at £60million but, according to The Sun, Porto left-back Alex Telles is being eyed a possible alternative if Juve are determined to dig their heels in.

 

LIVERPOOL AND KEITA AGREE TERMS
Liverpool supposedly have agreed personal terms with RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita.

ESPN FC’s Gabriele Marcotti has made the claim, which is sure to get Liverpool fans giddy. But the desire of the club and the player have never really been in doubt – convincing Leipzig to sell remains the sticking point.

The Bundesliga side, who finished second behind Bayern Munich last season, don’t want to sell and have stuck a £70million price tag on the 22-year-old in the hope that such a fee for a player with one season’s experience at the top level might scare off Liverpool.

But Jurgen Klopp does not seem to have been deterred, with the BBC reporting that the Reds are willing to meet Leipzig’s demands.

 

AND THE REST
Joe Hart could be forced to go on Manchester City’s pre-season tour despite being unwanted by Pep Guardiola… Man Utd will make a move for Hart should they lose David de Gea…Crystal Palace have admitted defeat in their bid to re-sign Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho on a permanent basis..Leicester step up the chase for £20m Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho to fend off rival Premier League interest…Huddersfield will break transfer record again to land £11m Montpellier striker Steve Mounie…New Middlesbrough boss Garry Monk is ready to pip old club Leeds to the signing of Jonny Howson…Newcastle and Bournemouth are keen to sign former Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby.

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is wanted by four Premier League clubs…Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor is set to join Burnley…Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata has told friends his mind is made up to join Manchester United and that the deal “has been done”…David Wagner has been assured he will still be in charge at Huddersfield even if they are relegated…Leicester have abandoned their transfer plans for Gaston Ramirez and turned to Swansea’s Gylfi Sigurdsson…Juventus are set to launch a new £7m bid for Arsenal keeper Woijcech Szczesny…West Ham have failed in club-record bids in the region of £22m for Cologne striker Anthony Modeste and Villarreal forward Cedric Bakambu.

More Related Articles

Comments