Guardiola says ‘nothing has changed’ in £22m Evans chase

Date published: Friday 18th August 2017 1:46

Pep Guardiola insists that “nothing has changed” in Manchester City’s pursuit of Jonny Evans.

City have emerged as contenders for Evans’ signature, having had an £18m bid rejected by West Brom.

They are reported to be considering a second offer of around £22m, but Guardiola was reluctant to discuss matters so openly on Friday.

Earlier in the day, Baggies manager Tony Pulis said that the club were keen to keep the centre-half, and Guardiola added little more when asked.

“He’s a player for West Brom,” said the City boss. “It’s still the same, Tony was clear, nothing has changed.

“We try to have the best squad possible for the long season. We’re going to see how the market finishes.

“If we have to stay with the players we have right now, then we’ll be happy. If someone comes, then we’ll be happy too.

“I know how well the club works since I’ve been here. We try to do our best, sometimes it’s possible, sometimes not.”

More Related Articles

Comments