Joe Hart could be handed a start for Manchester City tomorrow but Pep Guardiola has refused to deny reports Claudio Bravo is set to join the club.
Barcelona recently revealed City have made an approach for the Chile international goalkeeper.
Speculation a deal could be imminent has now increased after Bravo was pictured at the airport in Barcelona reportedly preparing to board a flight to Manchester.
The City goalkeeping situation has been headline news in the early weeks of the season after new City boss Guardiola made the surprise decision to drop England number one Joe Hart.
Speaking at a press conference, Guardiola said: “I cannot deny what everybody knows. Barcelona were the first ones who announced contact with Manchester City but, sorry, the deal is not complete. After that I will be open to answer questions but in this moment he is not our player.”
With Willy Caballero having so far been preferred to Hart, the arrival of 33-year-old Bravo could effectively relegate Hart to third choice.
The possibility of this has increased speculation Hart could seek to leave the Etihad Stadium, although reports have suggested Everton’s apparent interest has cooled.
But until a time arises when Hart might move on, Guardiola insists the 29-year-old remains part of his squad and he could even play in Wednesday’s Champions League play-off second leg against Steaua Bucharest.
The Spaniard said: “He has a chance to play tomorrow. I have said many times, he is a player of us.
“Until the 31st of this month, all the players here are our players and I work with them like there is no end.
“After we will speak. The situation with Joe I think I have spoken clearly about in the last two press conferences.”
Asked if any approaches have been received for Hart, who has also been linked with Sevilla, Guardiola said: “I am not able to speak (about that) because I do not know what is going on.”