Joe Hart has taken a short break from England’s World Cup camp to complete a loan move to Serie A side Torino.
Hart’s agent Jonathan Barnett confirmed the move after the Football Association said on Monday night that the goalkeeper had been given permission to temporarily leave Sam Allardyce’s squad for the opening World Cup qualifier in Slovakia on Sunday.
Barnett was quoted as saying by www.tuttosport.com: “Yes, Joe Hart will play with Torino. It’s done.
“The player said yes to the club and also Manchester City have given the green light. It is all true. (On Tuesday) Hart will have a medical in Turin.”
Hart is third choice at City following the signing of Claudio Bravo from Barcelona, but has retained his place in Allardyce’s first England squad.
The 29-year-old is expected to complete the formalities of a season-long loan move to Torino on Tuesday.
Asked about Hart’s club situation on Monday morning, Allardyce said: “If there is anything in the pipeline, then hopefully Joe will tell us ‘this may happen’ and we can get ready for it.”