Juve rejected ‘very good offer from Chelsea for Sandro’

Date published: Sunday 18th June 2017 9:20

Juventus have rejected a bid from Chelsea for left-back Alex Sandro, their general director Giuseppe Marotta has revealed.

According to various reports, Antonio Conte has identified the Brazilian as a key defensive target this summer as Chelsea prepare for a Champions League return.

The Italian boss is reportedly unhappy with the lack of transfer activity at Stamford Bridge, with some reports even claiming that he could walk away from the club.

Juve director Giuseppe Marotta did confirm a bid had been received, but refused any chance of a sale.

“Our desire is to not sell any of our most important players,” Marotta told Corriere dello Sport.

“We said no to a very good offer from Chelsea for Alex Sandro.

“But we know that we are competing with clubs that are in a position to offer wages that are not rational for us. And players are always their own boss. I do not know how Alex Sandro reacted.”

Juve allegedly value Sandro at £55m, meaning Chelsea would need to break the bank to have a chance of landing the 26-year-old.

More Related Articles

Comments