Klopp: Balo ‘world class’ at ‘heading and stuff’

Date published: Wednesday 13th July 2016 8:05

Mario Balotelli

Jurgen Klopp has praised the talents of Mario Balotelli, but insists his future is away from Liverpool.

Balotelli has returned to pre-season training at Anfield under Klopp after a mixed loan spell in his native Italy with AC Milan last season.

The Italian pledged to fight for his place at the club last week, and even claimed that he could still win the Ballon d’Or.

But Klopp has confirmed that the 25-year-old must search for a new club this summer as he is not part of his plans at Anfield.

“I have spoken to him about this,” Klopp said of the striker. “He’s not at the stage of his career where he should be battling with four or five other players for one or two positions,” he told the Telegraph.

“We want him to become the player he was before his injury – the talent is still there, there’s no doubt about it. When we have done the crossing, heading and stuff he’s been world class.

“But this is not a situation where he should be battling with other players like this for one position, so it’s clear we need a solution.

“There will be a club around who would be happy to have the new Mario Balotelli. I have spoken clearly to the player about that.

“In this case it’s obvious. It’s now time to make decisions and I try to help Mario to get in the best shape he can be in and we will see what happens.

“I can talk of Mario because that one is obvious. I heard a lot about him ever since I came here.

“But since he has been back here, he’s been a good guy and I can’t say anything different than that. It’s not that he’s come back and said ‘who’s the boss, I’m the boss no sorry it’s you.’ It’s not been that at all. Everything’s been good, it’s all okay. And now he’s here, we will do everything we can to get him fit.”

More Related Articles

Comments