Philippe Coutinho “should be ready” to return to the Liverpool side against Burnley on Saturday.
The Brazil playmaker wanted to join Barcelona in the summer but the Reds refused to do business, leaving Coutinho at Anfield for at least one more season.
The 24-year-old was said to be struggling with a back injury during the opening weeks of the season, but he made his return to action during the Champions League draw with Sevilla on Wednesday, receiving a warm reception from the Anfield crowd.
With Sadio Mane suspended following his red card at Manchester City last week, Jurgen Klopp says Coutinho can be called upon to start against Burnley.
“You can build up, you can get minutes when you start. It’s not the moment I talk about the line up of tomorrow, but he should be ready,” the boss told his Friday press conference.
“I was really happy with how the crowd welcomed him. For him it was good.
“He has trained outstanding since he’s been back. The game was not perfect of course, but it helped him and helped us.”
With Coutinho returning and other options at his disposal, Klopp is not too concerned by the absence of Mane.
“We knew there would be moments when Sadio wouldn’t play or should not play. That’s why we built the squad.
“We have options. Roberto Firmino, Philippe can play there of course and Alex can play there.
“We can change the system. We can do a lot of things.
“It’s always difficult to replace top class players.”